It’s an opportunity on Mallorca to taste the cuisine of several international Michelin-starred chefs all in one place and on one night. The Safari Culinario each July at the St Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort is a gastronomic treat that no foodie should miss.
We attended a previous Safari Culinario in 2013, and I wrote an article about it, published in Food & Wine journal. The event was the best we had been to since moving to the island, with a beautiful setting, great live music, and a party atmosphere. In brief, it’s an evening when you eat a dinner of various courses – each prepared by a different chef – in different locations within the 5-star hotel. The event begins with a generous buffet of appetizers on the terrace, dishes from each chef, then a buffet of more than 20 different desserts.
The visiting chefs and their restaurants
Here’s the team who cooked at the 2015 Safari Culinario:
- André Tienelt – *Wilder Ritter, Hotel Ritter Durbach (Germany)
- Fernándo Pérez Arellano – *Zaranda (one Michelin star), Castell Son Claret (Mallorca)
- Íker González – Hotel María Cristina in San Sebastián (Spain)
- Marcello Fabbri – *Anna Amalia at the Hotel Elephant de Weimar (Germany)
- Pasquale Palamaro – *Indaco, L’Albergo della Regina Isabella in Ischia (Italy)
- Ronny Siewert – *Friedrich Franz, Grand Hotel Heiligendamm (Germany)
- Rafael Sánchez – *Es Fum, St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort (Mallorca)
* Michelin-starred restaurants
The price for this remarkable dinner and evening – including champagne reception and all drinks – was the same as it was in 2013: 199 euros a head. The price had increased slightly for 2017, when nine chefs came from places including Israel, New York, Germany, Dubai, and Tenerife.
©Jan Edwards 2015